New Year New Issues



I started documenting my fertility journey on a blog a few years ago called Mini Miracles, and as much as I appreciated all the comments and views, I wanted to make a change this year since I'm going to be starting this process all over again.

For those that don't know I have been trying to have a baby for almost 4 years and have done almost everything imaginable to get to my end goal. I have done every test, been on every pill (prescribed and natural) that you can think of, and I have done the fertility clinic route. You can read more about that process here: http://minimiraclez.blogspot.ca/ 

But the last few months have been disheartening. My endocrinologist put me on Metformin and I was excited at the prospect of it working, only to find out that although the pill is helping my PCOS it is doing little to help the lack of ovulation. So he prescribed Clomid, which I took when I was at the fertility clinic, only to discover that that pill is no longer available and that I am out of options...except for going back to the fertility clinic. Which was something I didn't want to do because of the added stress it caused me last time. And as much as I hated the experience the last time, I have hope this time that maybe my luck has changed. 

As for this new platform, I decided I wanted to document my journey step by step, letting other women going through this that they're not alone and what they can expect at certain points in this journey. Although I am not happy about the prospect of going back to the clinic every two or three days a week for months on end, I know that others are either doing the same thing or are thinking about it. And for me, the more you know going in, the better. 

So that is what this new blog is about. I want to collect resources for women going through this journey with me. I want to be able to help anyone who thinks they're alone in this. I want to change the stigma of hiding the fact that infertility is so common. You will find that most women go through it, and you will be shocked how many of them keep it hidden. I want that to change. 

So if you're interested, stay tuned for more from me, and hopefully, we can go through this together. 

~Siobhan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fertility World needs more of THIS